Ecommerce has become the solution to sell in times of pandemic, but this does not mean that all online stores work properly and get many sales.
Receiving a different product than the one on the website, browsing a page that takes too long to load, or receiving a defective product are some of the factors that affect the user experience and business results.
This post provides some of the tips on how to increase eCommerce sales and reduce the problems that affect them. Will you join us?
Factors affecting eCommerce sales
If you own an online store, you will know that making sales requires more than just offering your products and services on the website. With the growing demand for online shopping in recent years, we believe it is important to know what factors affect sales that many business owners overlook.
Here are 6 examples:
- Return Policy. Many consumers buy products that they later want to return. An eCommerce must have a clear return policy.
- Payment method. A dissatisfied customer is one who, during the purchase process, does not find their favourite payment method available to them.
- Shipping. The level of ease or difficulty with which products are shipped and delivered to consumers influences sales. The same is true for the cost of shipping.
- Product quality. This is one of the most important factors influencing your sales. When the quality of products increases, demand and interest in them increases.
- Price. The more competitive your prices are, the higher your sales will be. However, you should study how your competitors sell and avoid misleading prices.
- Checkout. If the checkout process is slow and complex, it is very likely that your customers will abandon it early. The less time they take to complete the transaction, the more likely they are to return to your online store.
Now that you know the problems that are holding back your sales growth, it's time to take a step further. How do you solve them?
9 essential tips to increase your eCommerce sales
If eCommerce was already a trend associated with the necessary digital transformation, with the arrival of COVID-19 it has become essential. What are the keys to its success? How to reduce chargebacks? What factors increase conversion?
We would like to share with you a few recommendations that can transform your business and increase your sales:
- Optimise your online store. Take care of the design of your website to have a professional and corporate look. Keep an eye on the loading speed, the faster it loads, the more satisfactory the user experience will be. Check the structure of the site and prepare a good SEO strategy to maximize the opportunity to gain organic traffic from search engines and attract potential customers.
- Verify that the checkout is working correctly. To do this, it is important to ensure that the checkout process works properly on all devices. One of the main ways of achieving this is to ensure that your website is “optimised for mobile”.
Promotional factors and incentives
- Run promotional campaigns and design product pages. There is life beyond the well-known Black Friday. Carrying out promotional campaigns for your products on other dates will allow you to stand out from the competition, set up a good campaign, and increase eCommerce sales. You can create landing pages to hook visitors and convert them into a sales opportunity through a specific offer.
- Create a VIP area. Making the user feel exclusive or special influences the sales growth. Some of the ways to become a VIP customer are: reaching a minimum of purchases or buying consistently over a period of time.
- Gift cards. It is a way to encourage the user to buy your products or services. It helps the person who wants to make a gift but does not know what to choose, and allows the recipient to buy whatever they want to a certain value. As a result, the customer gains satisfaction and your business gets a sale and several visits.
- Sell the products on other platforms. There are other possibilities to sell your products beyond your own website. For example, social networks such as Facebook or Instagram, creating a profile on Wallapop or setting up an online store on Amazon. Why stick to your website if your products can also be on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter?
- Seek recommendations from professionals. Getting advice from industry professionals will help you create an ideal strategy to gain more sales. There are large companies that hire the services of international athletes, for example.
- Set a delivery date. To increase your eCommerce sales, you need to guarantee a delivery date and adhere to it. If your customers buy a gift in your online store and receive it a week after the celebration, they will probably not repeat their experience with you.
- Choose the best payment gateway. Every retailer has its own needs and circumstances (customers from different geographic locations, unique personal preferences, local payment methods). If consumers are unfamiliar with the payment method you offer, they are likely to abandon their shopping cart.
Do you want to know these factors in more detail? At PayXpert, we can help you.
Payment gateways in increasing eCommerce sales
When you integrate payment options that add value to the user's shopping experience, your sales reflect this. Satisfied consumers are those who find the payment method that best suits their needs. Therefore, the key to any payment method is to convey trust and simplicity.
The payment gateway is the tool that allows you to integrate different payment methods adapted to the specific needs of the public. It processes a large volume of transactions and provides immediacy and security.
Now that you know what the main factors affecting eCommerce sales are, it is time to find a solution with an optimal payment gateway. Ask for more information at PayXpert!