How to create added value in your hospitality business
When referring to added value, we're not just talking about offering more and better payment methods to your customers, increasing turnover. We also refer to offering your customers more services: the possibility of paying the same bill separately (without the need to create a new one, with the waste of time it entails), or leaving a tip to the person who has served you or quickly sign-up for a loyalty program. Added value also means increasing your customer base with alternative payments, and languages.How to build customer loyalty? With seamless payment methods and a loyalty app
Added value means all those services that, together with the main product or service, make your customers perceive you as their preferred option. An offer that not only meets the main need for which they came to you, being professionally served quality products; but also delivers on the payment experience. This entails offering different payment methods, in different languages, the possibility to pay in cash, by card, through the mobile phone. Services that save time for both workers and customers, and that help you to offer an experience to be repeated. Customer loyalty is built, step by step, by these details. To boost customer loyalty, we also offer a loyalty app solution that offers an intuitive way to set-up in-POS loyalty programs that fit your business.
A good way to measure customer satisfaction is based on the tips they leave. That's why we bring you these tips to help you improve the user experience at your bar or restaurant (and get more tips).
How to generate more tips
Lots of tips mean happy workers and satisfied customers. It is the result of an efficient and satisfactory service, and synonymous with gratitude for a job well done. We bring you these keys to help you offer your best service.
- Offers online bookings. To get more tips, you have to fill the room first. Thanks to a digital booking service, you offer 24/7 availability with the same efficiency as the conventional booking system. In addition, you avoid service saturation during peak hours, which sometimes causes the phone to be left unattended (and many customers are unable to make their reservations).
- Takeaway service, yes or yes. If before the pandemic you were wondering whether it was worth offering take away service, you probably have reached a decision at this stage. Developing an efficient takeaway service allows you to not only do more services without occupying the premises (increasing profitability), but it can help you compensate for the capacity limitations that many bars and restaurants are being forced to implement. Having a convenient and efficient payment system is key for deliveries to take place in the shortest possible time. Do you know the SOFT MPOS system? It allows your delivery staff to carry the POS on their smartphones. In addition, thanks to PayXpert's payment technology and extensive network of acquirers, there will be no customer you can’t get. Say goodbye to foreign card compatibility failures.
- The more payment methods, the better. In the hospitality industry it is especially important to be prepared to receive payments from foreign customers. Do you already know which payment methods are used by the most frequent tourists in our country? The Chinese tourist uses Ali Pay and WeChat Pay, and it is a huge advantage to offer this possibility. That's why it's so important to use a versatile, multilingual, multi-channel POS. Open your business to millions of foreign customers with a full POS.
- Adapt to the needs of the customer. The added value consists of identifying the recurring needs of your customers and give them a solution. In the hospitality industry, it is very common for different customers at the same table to request to pay separately. This is usually not a problem when there are two or three clients, and the service is not saturated. But what happens when, in the middle of a weekend service, a large table asks you to pay separately? The PayXpert POS, in addition to being multichannel, allows you to split accounts as quickly as possible. In an industry where speed of service is key, we help you save your customers and staff time.
- Take care of your staff, and they will take care of your customers. Your employees love to be tipped; It is an added incentive to keep them motivated and offer the best customer service. However, the younger generations are no longer using cash, this is a reality. One way to maintain the tipping culture is to implement a POS that allows tipping by card or mobile payment. However, tips are distributed in your bar or restaurant (by waiters, through a common jar), this new way of receiving tips will keep your employees motivated to offer the best service, and to take care of your customers.
A Partnership to add value to your business
As expert financial technology consultants, we know what the needs of bars and restaurants are when it comes to managing their payments and finances, and how the latest fintech trends can help you add value to your hospitality business. We want to help you offer the best service, we want to save you time and money so you can invest it in improving your business. Get in touch or look around on our site to learn more about our suite of our fintech tools and services. Find out why it's worth having a financial partner.