They are not just two names. Not even two simple applications. WeChat and Alipay are the platforms most used by users in China. Or rather, the new payment methods coming from the East.
This means many things. For example, if you have an eCommerce and want to attract Chinese customers, you can now do so by offering their local payment methods. And not only that, but you will also have the possibility to improve the shopping experience, gain their trust and reduce the number of abandoned carts.
Don't you think that's wonderful? Well, now, you can also achieve this with the integration of WeChat and Alipay into the PayXpert payment gateway.
Let's see where to start.
WeChat and Alipay features in PayXpert
Offering payment solutions suited to the local conditions of your business and your customers is essential for its growth and expansion. And if you do so in compliance with all industry standards, success will be assured.
WeChat Pay and Alipay are two good examples of payment methods tailored to Chinese consumer conditions. And that's why we have integrated them into our payment gateway.
- It helps you to receive payments from your Chinese customers and be more visible.
- It is the most popular social network and mobile app in China.
- It offers instant messaging services, with video calls and live streaming.
- It has geolocation, allowing you to add nearby contacts or see other people with a public profile close to your location.
- It has mini-programs to code into the WeChat interface.
- It allows you to pay bills, buy tickets or get a taxi.
- Its WeChat Pay feature allows you to make quick payments via your mobile phone and is integrated into the app.
- It has more than 200 million registered cards.
- Integration is easy, and there is no upfront cost.
- You will be able to get real-time WeChat transaction reports as well as settle in local currencies.
- The Chinese avoid bank fees or having to carry physical cash in their pocket. It's also a payment method they know and trust.
- It has official accounts to send notifications to subscribers, interact, etc.
- WeChat Pay offers different options to receive payments, and you can use the one that best suits your business.
By accepting WeChat Pay in your eCommerce, you also make things easier for your Chinese customers. At PayXpert, we help you organise your business communication on the app’s official account, thanks to its geolocated marketing features.
- It allows you to make payments with your Smartphone easily.
- It optimises the way you pay for any type of product and service.
- It offers financial services, restaurant payments, retail payments, mobile top-ups, transfers and payment of invoices.
- It provides access to more than 600 million consumers.
- It enables fast payment processing at checkout with no extra exchange rate cost.
- It enables real-time monitoring.
- It supports marketing promotions.
- It increases the visibility of your business on the page of the city where it is located.
To implement Alipay, at PayXpert, we have some solutions tailored to your business. Static QR code for small stores, integration with cash system for large stores and chains. And Point of Sale Terminal (POS) and App for medium and large stores.
How to integrate Alipay and WeChat with PayXpert?
If you have come this far, you would probably like to attract more Chinese customers to your business with fast, easy and smart payments. PayXpert is an official Alipay partner and a regulated payment institution across Europe. Thanks to our extensive knowledge in the Chinese payments market, we can help you integrate these payment methods into your eCommerce.
Our account managers will assist you throughout the entire process of integrating digital solutions to improve the experience of your current and future customers.
By integrating your Chinese customers' local payment methods into our payment gateway, you not only make omnicanality possible, but you get other benefits:
- You reduce the barriers to your online store when selling products.
- You increase the value of the average basket by a significant percentage.
- You increase the diversity of payment methods users require when making a purchase.
- You increase the sales of the payment gateway.
- You centralise all your payment methods into a single channel.
- You offer standard payments tailored to business and consumer needs.
- You attract more leads, especially since there are more than 2 million Chinese living in Europe.
- You improve user experience and trust in the service.
- You improve conversion rate and customer trust in your business.
While some apps and payment methods prove to be a passing fad and end up falling into oblivion, others resist, remain, and succeed. WeChat and Alipay are two clear examples.
What is the secret behind the success of these Chinese payment methods?
The success of these platforms can be measured not only in the number of users who use them but also in their persistence, year after year, since their emergence. The reasons for their success lie in:
- Easy integration with the user's day-to-day life. They can be used to pay bills, buy theatre tickets, make a call, pay for a purchase, etc. In other words, they enable many different functionalities to be carried out from a single platform for which, in other circumstances, we would need to install different applications. Therefore, they also save space on our Smartphone.
- Payment via mobile phone. WeChat Pay is very well accepted, both by users and by eCommerce. In addition, it also allows you to send red envelopes, a popular Chinese tradition where people give money to employees, relatives or friends. For businesses, Tencent has developed this feature as a marketing activity to reward customers. The amounts are random.
Would you like to accept Chinese payments in your store? You can start today with the most popular electronic payment systems among the Chinese population.