Have you heard of physical or virtual POS? Do you know the differences? E-commerce POS may be the most complete and effective solution for your eCommerce. And it’s not because we say so ourselves, but the results of businesses that have already implemented it as an innovative payment method prove it. If you want to know what it is and how to implement it in your online shop, join us in this post and discover the keys to its success.
Let’s get started!
Before we start, what is e-commerce POS?
It is a point-of-sale solution that allows you to simplify and optimise payments and improve the user experience, whatever the customer’s route. This system allows e-commerce to accept payments from consumers via credit or debit cards and is also known as virtual POS or virtual ATM.
It allows you to issue tickets in an integrated way on the website from which you are offering your products or services, as part of a payment gateway. In addition to its virtual version, there is a physical version, whose main advantages are: improvement of the business image, effective management and greater control of the stock.
11 keys to remember when implementing your store’s virtual POS
Users are looking for convenient and secure payment methods to formalise their purchases. If you want to offer a method with these characteristics, you'd better be clear about these keys to their implementation:
- Choose the provider that best suits the needs and characteristics of your business, as well as supporting the processes and operations of your business.
- Check the cost of the service, it all depends on the platform of your online shop and its ability to adapt.
- Consider integration and usability.
- Use the latest technology and innovation to improve the in-store experience.
- Provide an enhanced user experience (shoppers pay in their own language and currency anywhere in the world, all relevant payment methods must be certified and ready to use, and offer global support for POS payment methods).
- Offer a secure, connected system, and make sure the service payment processor offers added value to your industry or vertical.
- Centralise data in one place to improve performance in real time.
- Opt for a simple setup, monitoring and ordering of terminals.
- Pay attention to security and fraud prevention.
- Focus on international support.
- Assess customer service and research the management of the payment process.
It's no use having the best products and services on the market, as well as a fascinating web design, if when your customers are going to pay for their shopping cart everything gets complicated. Don't you think?
Features that cannot be missing from your Virtual POS
Making it easier to set up your POS payments will improve your customers' experience with the platform. These are the POS features you will need:
- Improved user experience. Buyers pay in their own language and currency, wherever they are (DCC).
- Connection and security. With simple integration options through the cloud or terminal API without local software dependencies; EMV certified and contactless with full encryption.
- All in one place. Real-time data and performance analysis across all sales channels, easy setup, all-user management, chargebacks, reporting, customer information, and automation.
- Powerful features for operations. For example: split payments, tips, taxi call/booking, sending daily police report, tutorials, screensavers, satisfaction survey, ID/KYC capture, signature and tips.
Are you ready to accept POS payments anywhere in the world?
What is the retail POS system for?
Point-of-sale terminals have marked a before and after in payment management, both for physical and online commerce. It is not only a computer system with which to manage the entire sales process (invoices, tickets, etc.), but a tool that helps us organise and streamline tasks related to the sales process.
It increases the number of buyers thanks to the convenience of its use, it increases user confidence as it is a secure system, it saves time because it does not need you to count the register at the end of the day or go every morning to the bank to deposit what you have collected, it facilitates business management and billing control without having to go to the bank , and it reduces the risk of cash being stolen.
When POS is granted, programs are provided to be installed on the server hosting the e-commerce. And when customers make a purchase, they fill in the data and the information is quickly checked.
These are the main features of e-commerce POS:
- The user introduces their card details easily.
- The POS commerce operates through a payment gateway.
- The POS must support payments from any type of credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express...).
- The system must ensure the encryption of the data being transmitted.
- The gateway must be accessible from any device, including Smartphones, tablets or computers.
- And you must facilitate other types of financial operations in the online store. For example: merchandise returns.
It's never too late to start using the ecommerce POS. You'll provide greater payment security, reduce delinquency by charging the buyer's account instantly, access a web administration panel to monitor your business, and guarantee one of the most widely used methods for consumers.
Do you need to accept payments from customers in different geographical locations? Adapt your business with the most effective, complete and universal solution on the market, and join us every week on our blog to keep an eye on the most important news and developments in payments the sector.